Sep 18, 2009
I started to make a mix of just anything that's been dominating my inner ear. I wanted you all to hear it, to sit 'round like nighthawks at the Double T again, stale coffee, jukin our tunes for each other.
Shootan the Breeze: it was a mix intended to say just that. But music is cathartic, and the jukebox that sits at the end of our table is a troubadour of life. In retro-mix-spective my emotions had their own agenda.
Stranger, I don't know why I've told you this. Not a soul has heard it since it's genesis one year ago, but if your listening ears are poised (and I've known the Guild to have proclivity to this) that nasty little music box will sing Pandora's song.
1. Hey - Pixies
2. I Live Off You (live) - X-ray Spex
3. Your Rocky Spine - Great Lake Swimmers
4. Love, Love, Love (Everyone) - Akron/Family
5. Poison Dart - The Bug
6. A Whorehouse is Any House - Bonnie "Prince" Billy
7. Chilly Kisses - Millie Small
8. Technicolour - Nurses
9. Native Soil - Sarah Harmer
10. Stand By Your Man - Tammy Wynette
11. You Asked Me To (Single Version) - Waylon Jennings
12. Ruby Tuesday - Melanie
13. Drops in the River - Fleet Foxes
14. Watch Her Disappear - Tom Waits
She breaks her tunneled gaze from a mugged and blackened pool of coffee: Pass the creme, wouldjya?